American football/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to American football, or pages that link to American football or to this page or whose text .
- Football: Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Football (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Sports: Activity that involves skill and physical exertion, and is governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Football to 1900: A history of football's development through the 19th century from a folk activity into its modern variants.
- Coach (American football)
- Defense (American football)
- Down (American football)
- Linebacker (American football)
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- National Football League
- Offense (American football)
- Quarterback (American football)
- Running back (American football)
- Special teams (American football)
- Wide receiver (American football)
- Australian rules football: A form of football involving two teams of eighteen players on an oval-shaped field. Players can kick or handle the ball.
- Canadian football: A variant of American football that is played on a field that is wider and longer and with 12 players on a side.
- Gaelic football: An outdoor sport played by two teams of 15 players a side. It is a form of football using a round ball which the players may both handle and kick, with the object of kicking or punching the ball into the goal.
- Association football: An internationally recognized sport generally known as football except in the U.S. and a few other countries where it is referred to as soccer.
- Premier League: Add brief definition or description
- Rugby football: Any of a number of team sports which involve kicking and/or handling a ball with the purpose of territorial gain leading to the scoring of goals or points.