Gaelic football/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Gaelic football, or pages that link to Gaelic football or to this page or whose text .
- Sport: Activity that involves skill and physical exertion, and is governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Football (general): Any of a number of team sports which involve kicking and/or handling a ball with the purpose of territorial gain leading to the scoring of goals or points.
- American football: A high-contact sport played by two teams of 11 players on a 100-yard field that originated in the United States of America.
- Australian rules football: A form of football involving two teams of eighteen players on an oval-shaped field. Players can kick or handle the ball.
- Canadian football: A variant of American football that is played on a field that is wider and longer and with 12 players on a side.
- Football to 1900: A history of football's development through the 19th century from a folk activity into its modern variants.
- Football (soccer): A sport in which two teams, each consisting of 11 players, compete to move a spherical ball around the playing field and into their opponents' goal; with the exception of the goalkeeper, players may not use their hands or arms to control the ball.
- Rugby league: A form of rugby football played in teams of thirteen. It began in 1895 as a breakaway sport from rugby union on the issue of professionalism.
- Rugby union: The original form of rugby football played in teams of fifteen. It was strictly amateur until 1995 when it opened up to professionalism.