Ryukyu Islands/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Ryukyu Islands, or pages that link to Ryukyu Islands or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
See also prefectures
- Okinawa prefecture : (沖縄県 Okinawa-ken) Area of Japan consisting of many southerly islands of the Ryukyu Islands chain, with Okinawa Island the largest; population about 1,300,000.
- Kagoshima prefecture : (鹿児島県 Kagoshima-ken) area of Japan located on the island of Kyushu and including some of the southerly Ryukyu Islands; population about 1,700,000.
- Okinawa Islands : (沖縄諸島 Okinawa-shotoo) group of Japanese islands including Okinawa Island in the Ryukyu Islands chain; many are uninhabited.
- Okinawa Island : (沖縄本島 Okinawa-hontoo) largest island of Okinawa prefecture in the Japanese Ryukyu Islands chain, with Naha (那覇市 Naha-shi) its capital.
- Naha : Add brief definition or description
- Okinawa, Okinawa : (沖縄市 Okinawa-shi) Second-largest city on Okinawa Island, located in the Ryukyu Islands chain of Japan.
- Kyushu : (九州 Kyuushuu) third-largest and westernmost of the main islands of Japan, divided into seven regions and including the cities of Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Kumamoto and Kagoshima; population about 13,000,000.
- Honshu : (本州 Honshuu) largest of the islands of Japan, divided into five regions and including the cities of Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima; population about 103,000,000.
- Hokkaido : (北海道 Hokkaidoo) second-largest and northernmost of the main islands of Japan, including the cities of Sapporo, Hakodate and Asahikawa; population about 5,500,000.
- Shikoku : (四国) smallest and least populated of the four main islands of Japan, divided into four prefectures and including the cities of Takamatsu, Matsuyama, Tokushima and Uwajima; population about 4,000,000.