Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:39, 9 January 2021 by
- Earth (planet): The third planet from the Sun in our solar system; the only place in the universe known by humanity to harbor life.
- Age of the Earth: The Earth is around 4.54 billion years old.
- Earth's atmosphere: An envelope of gas that surrounds the Earth and extends from the Earth's surface out thousands of kilometres, becoming increasingly thinner (less dense) with distance but always held in place by Earth's gravitational pull.
- Earthquake: Sudden motion or trembling of Earth, which results from shock waves generated by the elastic movement of rock masses deep within the Earth, particularly near boundaries of tectonic plates.
- Earth science: The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Friends of the Earth: Add brief definition or description
- From the Earth to the Moon: A pioneering science-fiction novel written in 1865.
- Journey to the Center of the Earth: A pioneering science-fiction novel written, by Jules Gabriel Verne, in 1864.
- : A hypothesis that proposes the Earth was entirely covered by ice during parts of the Cryogenian period, from 790 to 630 million years ago.